Tuesday 17 November 2009

Beldame of Death

It's been a long time since I posted anything - been away.
So upon my return, a little gothic ditty for you....



A crunch: afoot a dead arachnid
Spanning once a serving plate -
Oh! that others be alive
With such as me for spider bait!

I slunk along the silent hall
Of ancient ore attired in grime, and
Feculent beyond the nose;
No bearing here, no feel for time.

I shuddered in appreciation -
An ambience to mortify
A feeble mind, aghast, opined
Of murky thought, and justify
The will of Belial err I brought
Upon myself to loathe and dread
Exquisite retribution: to linger
Oftentimes alive, then dead.

Compulsion saw me edging on
Toward a narrow door of oak.
Behind, I knew, a greater evil
Waiting in her fusty cloak.

A choice of nil upon the table;
Aught of leave, I had to face
Alone the shrew; her flaming aura
Angling me; my deep disgrace
From ugly deeds I dealt in life -
A heinous world I honed in glee…

'Now take a crooked path to death,
For now I come to torture thee!'

Out of eyes of orange flame,
A piercing glare, then here it came:
The cackling cry of chanting song:

'You thought you'd die alone in pain
The once – nay nay! you'll die with me,
And so a catch: you'll die again
Ad infinitum - ever be!

Your soul to curse; my heart we'll gore,
Your liver to draw and quarter.
A sadomasochistic pair,
We'll slither together in slaughter!'

I answered only with a scream,
Sensing near her craving lust -
My crimes to answer; wrongs annul.
Renounce my soul! For I be dust!

On an evening cool and quiet,
Stretch an ear to listen tight -
And be you lucky of a moment,
To hear my clarion call of plight.

Copyright Mark R Slaughter 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment